Currently not taking new clients
Energy Auditor, Home Inspector:
In search of a motivated individual to complete energy audits and home inspections throughout Southern and Mid-Coast Maine. Experience in the home building/maintenance industry required. Building Performance Institute (BPI) or home inspection-certification preferred, but training will also be available.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Completing thorough and comprehensive home energy audits and inspections
- Educating homeowners on energy efficiency and promoting energy efficient improvements
- Assessing home insulation quality
- Assessing the state of heating and cooling systems
- Assessing the state of lighting and appliances within a home as their usage relates to efficiency
- Conducting blower door testing to assess airflow and air sealing strengths and weaknesses
- Creating detailed audit reports to help homeowners prioritize future projects
- High School diploma required, BS in field related to building science preferred.
- Some experience in home construction, energy efficiency, HVAC, building code diagnostics, air infiltration and insulation preferred
- People person/strong customer service
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Computer proficiency
- Flexibility on hours and travel. Job will require traveling to job sites and visits may extend past regular business hours
- Job will include lifting, climbing, crawling and working in awkward confined spaces in homes--a certain level of strength and physical ability is a must!
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Dewitt Kimball (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your cover letter, please respond to two questions:
What draws you to the field of building performance?
What is your philosophy about customer service?